|The Contest Traveler|
Joe Pontek, K8JP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Notifying Others of Your Trip|
So, you have decided where to go, when to go and how to go. Here are a few items to add to your preparations.|
You should notify as many of the DX bulletins, magazines and QSL route lists as possible. Give them the following appropriate information:
- Where you are going.
- What dates will you be operating.
- Who is going.
- What contest category do you anticipate entering.
- What are your planned operating habits (bands, modes and targeted geographic areas to work).
- What call(s) will you use (if you know at this time).
- Is the trip "planned" or "firm".
- QSL route(s).
- Route to contact you before and/or after the operation, i.e. e-mail, snail mail, telephone number(s).
Here is a list I have assembled with e-mail, FAX, telephone number and snail mail information on as many as I could locate. If you know of others or of any corrections, please let me know.
- Your local club(s) newsletter editor
- DX Reflector
- Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin, e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message via packet to KB8NW@WA8BXN.OH.USA.NA or use the voice or FAX answering machine at 440-237-8208, which shares the same phone line as BARF-80 BBS using a data/FAX/phone switch. To access: 1) dial number, 2) wait for first ring (the second ring should be a false ring from the FAX/data switch box) and then dial four quick ones ("1111") (Note: some FAX machines that send single "beeps" every second will not have to do this step), 3) the phone will pick up and after the "beep" leave your voice message or FAX.
- 425 DX News, e-mail: email@example.com
- 425 DX News QSL Editor, e-mail: IK1GPG@amsat.org
- DX Column, CQ Magazine - Carl Smith, N4AA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DX-NL, c/o Robert Busch, DL7VOA, e-mail: email@example.com
- The GOLIST, John Shelton, K1XN, QSL manager list, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: http://www.golist.net/, voice: 901-641-0109, FAX: 901-641-0110, BBS: 901-641-0230
page 1 of 5
previous page | 1 2 3 4 5 | next page
Revised November 9, 2002
Copyright © 2000-2013 American Radio Relay League, Inc., All Rights Reserved
Web design by WA7BNM. Address comments to: webmaster