|Sprint CW/SSB/RTTY Rules|
(Revised July 1, 2012)
pdf version of rules
CW - Boring Amateur Radio Club (email)
SSB - Chris Tate, N6WM (email)
RTTY - Ed Muns, WØYK (email)
- Eligibility: Any licensed radio amateur may enter.
- Object: For North American stations to contact as many licensed radio amateurs as possible. For non-North American stations to contact as many North American stations as possible.
- Entry Classification: High power, low power (100W) and QRP (5W). Single operator only. Use of spotting information obtained directly or indirectly from any source other than the station operator, such as from other stations or automated tools, is prohibited.
- Contest Periods:
September/October 2013 Contests:
CW: 0000Z - 0400Z September 8, 2013 (first Sunday following first Monday in September)
SSB: 0000Z - 0400Z September 15, 2013 (second Sunday following first Monday in September)
RTTY: 0000Z - 0400Z October 13, 2013 (Sunday of second full weekend in October)
February/March 2014 Contests:
CW: 0000Z - 0400Z February 2, 2014 (Sunday of first full weekend in February)
SSB: 0000Z - 0400Z March 16, 2014 (Sunday of third full weekend in March)
RTTY: 0000Z - 0400Z March 9, 2014 (Sunday of second full weekend in March)
These are entirely separate four-hour Sprints.
- Mode: CW only in CW Sprints, SSB only in SSB Sprints, RTTY only in RTTY Sprints.
- Bands: 80, 40 and 20 meters only. Suggested frequencies are around 3540, 7040 and 14040 kHz on CW; 3850, 7225 and 14275 kHz on Phone; and 3580, 7080 and 14080 kHz on RTTY. You may work the same station once per band.
- Exchange: To have a valid exchange, you must send all of the following information: the other station's call, your call, your serial number, your name and your location (state, province or country). You may send this information in any order. For example:
N6TR DE K7GM 154 RICK NC K
K7GM NR 122 TREE OR DE N6TR K
page 1 of 3
previous page | 1 2 3 | next page
Revised July 1, 2012
Copyright © 2000-2013 American Radio Relay League, Inc., All Rights Reserved
Web design by WA7BNM. Address comments to: webmaster